CITY OF COSTA MESA - NEW Business License Application
Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019, which provides information regarding disability access requirements and resources to business owners. To read the full notice click here
What you need to know to get started.
1. Business licenses are renewed on a calendar year basis.
2. Business start date is the first date your business started in the City.
3. Employee identification #is REQUIRED. Sole owner or partnerships are required to provide social security #s for all owners/partners. LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or Corporations are required to provide a FEIN or SEIN for the business.
4. If the business is located in the City you must also file a zoning application with the Planning department. The application is available at the cities website.
5. Payment will not be required until your application has been accepted. You will receive an email verifying the receipt of application. Within 10 days an email containing the amount due and instructions how to make payment on-line.
We wish you much sucess in your business venture.